The Qatar Financial Centre (QFC) Regulatory Authority on Monday issued proposed rules governing collective investment / asset management schemes. According to 1.3 of Consultation Paper 2010/05, the proposed rules cover the following:
- allowing certain authorized firms to operate non-QFC schemes;
- establishing a regime for QFC retail entities;
- allowing certain non-QFC schemes to be marketed to the retail sector;
- allowing the independent entity of a QFC scheme to also perform certain administrative functions for that scheme; and
- proposals to develop specialist scheme arrangement.